Zucchini Deep Dish Pie
- 1 package (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4 cups thinly sliced zucchini (3-4 small)
- 1 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning (I increased this to 1 tsp)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (I increased this to 1 tsp)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper ( I increased this to 1/2 tsp)
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup cream (I added this to mine)
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F. For crust, unroll crescent dough; separate into triangles. Arrange evenly in Deep Dish Pie Plate with points toward the center. Using lightly floured Baker’s Roller®, roll dough over bottom to seal seams. Press dough halfway up sides to form a crust. Spread mustard over bottom of crust.
- For filling, slice zucchini using Simple Slicer Set blade to #2. Coarsely chop onion using Food Chopper. Melt butter in (12-in.) Skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir zucchini, onion, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and black pepper 4-5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove from heat; stir in parsley.
- Whisk eggs & cream in Classic Batter Bowl. Stir in cheese. Add vegetable mixture; mix well. Pour vegetable mixture over crust, spreading evenly. Bake 25-30 minutes or until center is set and crust is golden brown. Cut into wedges to serve.
Side Note: I increased the seasonings and I would say it was just right. You may need to taste your zucchini after it is done sauteing to see if it has enough flavor. I feel like the cream gave it a little bit of richness but not too much.
1 thought on “Zucchini Deep Dish Pie (Quiche) by Pampered Chef – Modified”
This pie/quiche looks so good!