This is a consultant exclusive recipe! It’s a 5 star favorite and I wanted to share it with all of you 🙂 Enjoy!
ONE POT SAUSAGE & KALE PASTA
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) canola oil, divided
- 1 lb. (450 g) mild Italian turkey sausage (casings removed)
- 1 medium onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 cups (1 L) unsalted chicken stock
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained (1¾ cups/425 mL)
- 1 can (8 oz/ or 398 mLg) tomato sauce
- 1/2 tbsp (7 mL) red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 lb. (450 g) farfalle pasta
- 2 oz (60 g) fresh Parmesan cheese, plus additional if desired
- 8 cups (2 L) fresh kale, stems removed and torn into bite-size pieces (see cook’s tips)
- 4 oz (125 g) ⅓ less fat cream cheese (Neufchâtel), softened
- Heat ½ tbsp of the oil in the All-Purpose Pot over medium heat for 1–3 minutes, or until shimmering. Add the sausage. Cook uncovered for 4–6 minutes or until browned, using the Mix ‘N Chop to break the sausage into crumbles. Drain and remove from the pot.
- Cut the onion into chunks. Chop with the Food Chopper. Add the remaining oil, onion, and garlic pressed with the Garlic Press to the pot; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add the sausage, stock, diced tomatoes with their juices, tomato sauce, red pepper flakes, and pasta to the pot. Stir to combine.
- Cover and bring the mixture to a boil; reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Grate the Parmesan with the Microplane® Adjustable Fine Grater. Stir in the Parmesan, kale, and cream cheese. Cover the pot and simmer for 4–6 minutes, or until pasta and kale are tender. Serve with additional Parmesan, if desired.
- 8 servings of 1½ cups (375mL)
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 440, Total Fat 12 g, Saturated Fat 3.5 g, Cholesterol 50 mg, Sodium 650 mg, Carbohydrate 56 g, Fiber 5 g, Sugars 7 g, Protein 28 g
To remove stems from your kale, fold leaves in half with the vein side out. Then trim along the stem from top to bottom.
You may substitute baby spinach for kale.